AFC SOUTH: Henne To Start At QB For Jaguars Against 49ers
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
BAGSHOT, England (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars are sticking with quarterback Chad Henne for Sunday’s game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Coach Gus Bradley says the Jaguars “feel good about what Chad has done the last few weeks” and “we just want to continue to build on that.”
Henne threw for 318 yards in a 24-6 loss to San Diego, a second straight 300-yard performance. Blaine Gabbert “should be No. 2,” according to Bradley.
Bradley says wide receivers Ace Sanders and Stephen Burton and defensive lineman Jeremy Mincey have been cleared to play after being limited by injury.
Wide receivers Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon did not practice Wednesday but will be available.
Jacksonville is 0-7 going into the second NFL International Series game at Wembley Stadium this season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft