HOUSTON (CBS Houston): The Houston Texans placed three rookies on waivers Monday after the players broke unspecified team rules, the Houston Chronicle is reporting.
Cierre Wood, Sam Montgomery and Willie Jefferson were all inactive for Sunday’s 17-16 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs. The Houston Chornicle’s source says the three players were sent home Sunday morning from Kansas City and informed of their release today.
Montgomery’s tenure with the Texans was rocky from the start. He showed up to training camp out of shape and then struggled to transition from defensive end to outside linebacker.
Jefferson has a checkered past. He was dismissed from Baylor after a substance abuse issue then made his way to Stephen F. Austin. Cierre Wood’s absence was noticeable Sunday as the Texans were down to just one running back in his absence.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Cavaliers-Celtics: LeBron James, Terry Rozier And The Matchup Game
- Martinez, Betts Powering Red Sox To Top Of A.L. East
- The Baseball Report: Cano Suspended 80 Games, Cardinals Reliever Hits 105 On Radar Gun
- This Week In Golf: Aaron Wise Wins First On Tour At AT&T Byron Nelson
- Pete Prisco’s 2018 NFL Breakout Players