LUKE MEREDITH, AP Sports Writer- The Big 12 is tough to figure this season.
Texas Tech (7-0, 4-0), which was ranked seventh in the preseason Big 12 poll, is now ranked 10th in the country and alone in first place.
No. 6 Baylor (6-0, 3-0), picked to finish fifth, is tied for second with Texas (4-2, 3-0).
The bottom half of the Big 12 might be just as surprising.
Just one year after landing nine bowl bids, half of the league is below .500 overall. That includes defending league champion Kansas State and TCU, which was expected to finish third this season behind Oklahoma State and Oklahoma.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Clint Stoerner Gives Heartfelt Advice To Saints Marcus Williams
- Where Will The Top College RBs Land?
- Keidel: NFL Championship Predictions
- CBS Sports’ Tony Romo And Bill Cowher On AFC Championship Game
- Locker Room Five Things Jan. 19 2018: A 12-Hour Trip To Vegas For Championship Sunday, A Vegas Guide And Call Me Crazy, But I’m Picking Jacksonville To Win Sunday