FANTASY IMPACT: WR Roddy White To Miss 1st Game Of His Career
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — Atlanta Falcons receiver Roddy White will miss the first game of his nine-year career on Sunday.
The four-time Pro Bowl selection was one of three starters listed as out on Friday’s injury report.
White, Atlanta’s career-leading receiver, played the first five games with a sore left hamstring, catching only 14 passes for 129 yards. He hurt his right ankle in a Week 5 loss to the New York Jets and hasn’t practiced since.
Atlanta (1-4) lost Pro Bowl wideout Julio Jones to season-ending foot surgery in the same game. Jones led the NFL in catches and ranked second in yards receiving at the time.
Running back Steven Jackson (hamstring) and left tackle Sam Baker (knee) will not play against Tampa Bay (0-5).
Starting middle linebacker Akeem Dent (knee) is questionable.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Michael Irvin and Aaron Schatz: Super Bowl Chatter and Texans Talk
- Sean’s Best Prop Bets For The Super Bowl
- Former Raider Believes Tuck Rule Led to Brady’s Career
- Mike Salk With 710 ESPN Radio In Seattle Makes Super Bowl Prediciton
- Meltsdown: Phoenix Transportation Is Bad and Beverly Sherman Talks Richard Sherman