With Schaub Sidelined, Keenum Will Start
Houston (CBS Houston) – With Matt Schaub still sidelined with a leg injury, Case Keenum will make his first NFL start against the Chiefs. After splitting reps with T.J. Yates on Wednesday, Keenum took the majority of the first team reps Thursday.
“Case (Keenum) will start the game” Kubiak said. “I just felt like we needed a spark”
Keenum spent all of last season on the Texans practice squad before making the active roster this year.
“It’s something that I’ve thought about for a long time, playing quarterback in the NFL and being able to start for a team. In that sense, it’s a dream I’ve had for a really long time” Keenum said.
Keenum’s teammates have said they would be confident in whoever starts at quarterback. Andre Johnson thinks Keenum has an x-factor.
“Case just has sort of like an aura about him. When he’s out there, he’s real excited, having fun.” Johnson said.
- Sielski: McCoy-Alonso Deal Could Be A Primer For Kelly To Trade Up For Mariota
- Berkman Named to College Baseball HOF
- UPDATED: Houston Texans Cut Center Chris Myers; Release Statement
- Andre Johnson Asks For Release From Texans
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 4): With LeSean McCoy-Kiko Alonso Deal, Chip Kelly Bringing In Oregon Players Isn’t Bad For Eagles