Houston (CBS Houston) – With Matt Schaub still sidelined with a leg injury, Case Keenum will make his first NFL start against the Chiefs. After splitting reps with T.J. Yates on Wednesday, Keenum took the majority of the first team reps Thursday.
“Case (Keenum) will start the game” Kubiak said. “I just felt like we needed a spark”
Keenum spent all of last season on the Texans practice squad before making the active roster this year.
“It’s something that I’ve thought about for a long time, playing quarterback in the NFL and being able to start for a team. In that sense, it’s a dream I’ve had for a really long time” Keenum said.
Keenum’s teammates have said they would be confident in whoever starts at quarterback. Andre Johnson thinks Keenum has an x-factor.
“Case just has sort of like an aura about him. When he’s out there, he’s real excited, having fun.” Johnson said.
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation