With Schaub Sidelined, Keenum Will Start
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – With Matt Schaub still sidelined with a leg injury, Case Keenum will make his first NFL start against the Chiefs. After splitting reps with T.J. Yates on Wednesday, Keenum took the majority of the first team reps Thursday.
“Case (Keenum) will start the game” Kubiak said. “I just felt like we needed a spark”
Keenum spent all of last season on the Texans practice squad before making the active roster this year.
“It’s something that I’ve thought about for a long time, playing quarterback in the NFL and being able to start for a team. In that sense, it’s a dream I’ve had for a really long time” Keenum said.
Keenum’s teammates have said they would be confident in whoever starts at quarterback. Andre Johnson thinks Keenum has an x-factor.
“Case just has sort of like an aura about him. When he’s out there, he’s real excited, having fun.” Johnson said.
- Report: Astros Have Made Scott Feldman Available, May Listen In On Dallas Keuchel
- Predictably, Arian Foster Was Keith Olbermann’s Worst Person In Sports Last Night
- Must-Click Links: Grantland Profiles JJ Watt’s Maniacal Dedication To Craft
- Is Trent Richardson The Downfall Of Andrew Luck?
- Appel Produces Good AA Debut