FALL RIVER, Mass. (AP) — The girlfriend of former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to a perjury charge connected to the murder case against him.
Shayanna Jenkins was arraigned Tuesday in Fall River Superior Court and released on personal recognizance.
A prosecutor says she lied to a grand jury, including about where she disposed of a box Hernandez asked her to “get rid of.” The prosecutor says she repeatedly told grand jurors she couldn’t remember where she threw away the box.
Jenkins’ lawyer says she answered every question asked of her before the grand jury.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old semi-pro football player from Boston.
Jenkins and Hernandez lived together in North Attleborough, Mass., near where Lloyd’s body was found.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation