FANTASY IMPACT: Steelers Lose T Brown, TE Johnson For Season
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Levi Brown’s season with the Pittsburgh Steelers ended before it even began.
The Steelers placed the offensive tackle on injured reserve Tuesday after Brown tore his triceps during warmups before last Sunday’s game against the New York Jets. Pittsburgh acquired Brown last week from the Arizona Cardinals. Coach Mike Tomlin said Brown will need surgery.
The Steelers also put tight end David Johnson on injured reserve with a wrist injury that will also require surgery. Pittsburgh signed free agent tight end Richard Gordon and promoted cornerback Isaiah Green from the practice squad.
The Steelers activated LB Sean Spence off the physically unable to perform list. Spence hasn’t played since tearing multiple ligaments in his left knee in the final game of the 2012 preseason.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Dallas Sportscaster Sends “Eats Fresh” Tweet About Subway Spokesman’s Connection In Child Porn Case
- Hammond: Bottom Line In FSU QB Story: Guys, Don’t Hit Women
- Dallas Keuchel Gets His 11th Win With Help From Astros Offense
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- Warren Moon And The Oilers Reunion Golf Tournament