FANTASY IMPACT: Steelers Lose T Brown, TE Johnson For Season
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Levi Brown’s season with the Pittsburgh Steelers ended before it even began.
The Steelers placed the offensive tackle on injured reserve Tuesday after Brown tore his triceps during warmups before last Sunday’s game against the New York Jets. Pittsburgh acquired Brown last week from the Arizona Cardinals. Coach Mike Tomlin said Brown will need surgery.
The Steelers also put tight end David Johnson on injured reserve with a wrist injury that will also require surgery. Pittsburgh signed free agent tight end Richard Gordon and promoted cornerback Isaiah Green from the practice squad.
The Steelers activated LB Sean Spence off the physically unable to perform list. Spence hasn’t played since tearing multiple ligaments in his left knee in the final game of the 2012 preseason.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster
- O’Brien: 7th Round Rookie Hal “Has Definitely Earned Right To Be In Discussion To Make Team”
- O’Brien: Nix “Really Doesn’t Totally Get It Yet, Has Got A Long Way To Go”
- Comedian Craig Gass On The Triple Threat
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 23 Starts And Sits