Texas Names AD Search Advisory Panel
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas President Bill Powers has announced a seven-member advisory panel to help the school’s search for a new men’s athletic director, including two members of the board of regents.
Texas must replace longtime athletic director DeLoss Dodds, who is retiring in 2014 after 32 years. Texas has the nation’s richest athletic department with an annual budget of nearly $170 million.
The advisory group includes regents Steve Hicks and Robert Stillwell, who are the board’s designated athletics liaisons. The group also includes former board member Robert Rowling and former U.S. Ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein Pamela Willeford.
Dodds is under contract until Aug. 31, 2014, but Powers has said he’d like to hire his replacement in a couple of months.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Meltsdown: NBA Stars Don’t Want To Play With James Harden And Dwight Howard
- Howard, Harden, Rockets To Open Preseason With Mavericks, Parsons
- SABR Convention Underway in Houston
- Report: Astros Not Taking Calls On Reliever Chad Qualls, Yet
- Report: Astros “Very, Very Busy” With Talks For Cosart, Have Keuchel Off Table