Danieal Manning Out 6-8 Weeks
UPDATE: Houston Texans Head Coach Gary Kunbiak has clarified Manning’s injury and said it is not a broken fibula.
Houston (CBS Houston) – The Houston Texans lost more than just a game on Sunday. Strong Safety Danieal Manning will be out 6-8 weeks the Houston Chronicle is reporting.
Much like Texans tight end Owen Daniels, who will miss at least eight weeks, Manning has a fracture in his fibula that will likely need surgery.
Manning had four tackles on Sunday before leaving the Texans 38-13 loss to the St. Louis Rams. He had 21 tackles on the season.
The two most likely players to replace Manning are free safety Shiloh Keo and the less experience strong safety Eddie Pleasant.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job