Danieal Manning Out 6-8 Weeks
UPDATE: Houston Texans Head Coach Gary Kunbiak has clarified Manning’s injury and said it is not a broken fibula.
Houston (CBS Houston) – The Houston Texans lost more than just a game on Sunday. Strong Safety Danieal Manning will be out 6-8 weeks the Houston Chronicle is reporting.
Much like Texans tight end Owen Daniels, who will miss at least eight weeks, Manning has a fracture in his fibula that will likely need surgery.
Manning had four tackles on Sunday before leaving the Texans 38-13 loss to the St. Louis Rams. He had 21 tackles on the season.
The two most likely players to replace Manning are free safety Shiloh Keo and the less experience strong safety Eddie Pleasant.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Eric Winston: NFL Made Up Rules To Keep Ray Rice Off The Field
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather