Big 12 Set For Wide-Open Race With Early Surprises
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer- The Big 12 is setting up to be the wide-open race that was expected, even with a few early surprises.
No. 12 Baylor and 16th-ranked Texas Tech are the league’s only undefeated teams. Texas is 3-0 in the conference after starting 1-2 this season
Defending Big 12 champion Kansas State is 0-3 in conference play.
Texas coach Mack Brown says the league is exciting this season because there’s not just one team that anybody can pick.
With eight weeks left in the regular season, all of the top five teams in the league standings still have to play each other — except for Texas’ victory over Oklahoma on Saturday.
The 18th-ranked Sooners and No. 21 Oklahoma State both have one Big 12 loss.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Meltsdown: Jack Johnson, Ryan Howard, And Family Infighting Over Money
- Phillips: Mallett’s Performance In Short Game Better Than I Had Expected
- PFT’s Mike Florio: Texans Among Possible Landing Spots For Adrian Peterson
- Fouts: Mallett Looked More Advanced For First Start
- Esiason On Mallett’s First NFL Start: “I Thought He Was Holding Back A Little Bit”