Big 12 Set For Wide-Open Race With Early Surprises
STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer- The Big 12 is setting up to be the wide-open race that was expected, even with a few early surprises.
No. 12 Baylor and 16th-ranked Texas Tech are the league’s only undefeated teams. Texas is 3-0 in the conference after starting 1-2 this season
Defending Big 12 champion Kansas State is 0-3 in conference play.
Texas coach Mack Brown says the league is exciting this season because there’s not just one team that anybody can pick.
With eight weeks left in the regular season, all of the top five teams in the league standings still have to play each other — except for Texas’ victory over Oklahoma on Saturday.
The 18th-ranked Sooners and No. 21 Oklahoma State both have one Big 12 loss.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Breakdown: How The Rockets Pick And Roll Offense Was Contained In Game 1
- Greg Cosell: I See A Little Eagles WR Jordan Matthews In New Texans WR Jaelen Strong
- Jaelen Strong: I Don’t Feel Pressure To Prove Texans Right For Trading Up For Me
- Feldman Roughed Up In Loss To Rangers
- Road Trip: Draft Edition part 2