Texans React To Fans Cheering Schaub’s Injury
Houston (CBS Houston) - Matt Schaub went down with a leg injury midway through the third quarter of Sunday’s 38-13 loss to the Rams. As Schaub was on the ground, some Texans fans let out a loud cheer. After the game players expressed disappointment in the home crowd. Here’s what they had to say.
“It just happened to Matt today, it could have been me any other day, so I’ll never agree with it, I’m never for it. I don’t stand for it. If they’re going to do that don’t show the f*** up. Period.” Johnathan Joseph said.
“For all that guy (Schaub) has done for this city and this team for fans to be booing him when the man is hurt and on the ground, that’s straight up disrespectful.” T.J. Yates said.
“I sure hope they don’t truly feel that way. That’s a pretty tough life if you’re cheering somebody else getting injured. That’s a man with a wife and kids.” J.J. Watt said.
“It’s bad when members of the other team are saying that’s messed up they would do something like that. It just shows no class.” Andre Johnson said.
“This is a guy that gives everything he has to the game of football, to this city, and does way more outside of this stadium that people seem to forget about. He’s a great teammate and a great person and when people react like that, it’s barbaric.” Brian Cushing said.
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job