UFC Cuts Rousimar Palhares Hours After His Win
Less than 24 hours after his fight the UFC has decided to cut Welterweight Rousimar Palhares. Wednesday Palhares landed a 30 second leg lock on Mike Pierce but did not let the submission go after Pierce tapped out.
Palhares has five leg submissions in his UFC career. This is the second time in he has been guilty of holding a submission after a tap-out occured.
In 2010 Palhares was suspended 90 days for his first infraction. This time UFC President Dana White made it clear he is gone.
White told ESPN’s Jeremy Schaap, “This is the second incident we’ve had with Palhares where he had the lock and he didn’t let it go, I’m going to cut him. He’s done.”
Palhares entered the UFC as a Middleweight and after back to back losses he dropped down to Welterweight.
More than likely Palhares will never step back in to the Octagon.
Bellator the UFC’s main rival will most likely pick him up, even though he is deemed a little dirty he is still the best leg lock guy in the business.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Dallas Sportscaster Sends “Eats Fresh” Tweet About Subway Spokesman’s Connection In Child Porn Case
- Hammond: Bottom Line In FSU QB Story: Guys, Don’t Hit Women
- Dallas Keuchel Gets His 11th Win With Help From Astros Offense
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- Warren Moon And The Oilers Reunion Golf Tournament