FANTASY IMPACT: Stevie Johnson Might Miss Game Sunday
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Receiver Stevie Johnson and cornerback Stephon Gilmore are expected to be game-time decisions this week, Bills coach Doug Marrone said Friday.
Buffalo (2-3) will take on Cincinnati (3-2) at home on Sunday.
Johnson has been dealing with a back injury and has not practiced this week due to a death in his family. Marrone said that Johnson is expected to arrive back in Buffalo early Friday evening.
Gilmore, Buffalo’s top cornerback, is hoping to return from a broken left hand he suffered in the preseason. He was limited in practice throughout the week.
Running back C.J. Spiller (sprained ankle) is also listed as questionable but is expected to play.
The Bills are already without starting quarterback EJ Manuel, who was injured vs. Cleveland last week. Thaddeus Lewis will start under center, and could sure use Johnson, Buffalo’s leading receiver with 20 receptions and 254 yards.
Safety Jairus Byrd (plantar fasciitis) is listed as probable and is expected to play for the first time this year. The standout safety has missed the first five weeks of the season.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision