Ed Reed Compares Struggling Texans To Ravens Super Bowl Team
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) - In week seven of last season the Houston Texans beat the eventual Superbowl champion Ravens 43-13. Heading into week six of this season, the Texans are a disappointing 2-3. But Ed Reed thinks the Texans can turn it around just like the Superbowl Champion Ravens did.
“Like I told these guys after we played Baltimore this year, it felt like the same situation, I’m just on the other side. We knew that we were going to grow to that situation. We know now that we’re going to grow through this situation.” Reed said Wednesday.
Joe Flacco was the target of heavy criticism for parts of last season. This year Matt Schaub is getting it from Texans fans but Reed thinks subtle adjustments will solve their recent woes.
“It’s mirror-time for each individual. How can I be better for the team’s sake? That’s what it’s about. Yes, that comes with change. As a season goes, for us, a football season is like life within that season. That’s why they say football is the game of life, sports is a game of life.” Reed said. “To get what we want, we’ve got to go through something. And right now, we’re going through something. We’re going through something that’s going to help this team”
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision