Andre Johnson Says He Will Play Sunday
HOUSTON (CBS Housotn): The Houston Texans have seemingly gone into every week with a key player in question to play. This week is no difference as Andre Johnson has been battling a shin injury for the past few weeks, but he expects to play Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
When asked if he would play on Sunday Johnson said, “Yeah, I don’t see why not.”
“I felt a little better than I felt last week, hopefully it will keep going that way.” Johnson added, “This is the best I’ve felt, so far, since I’ve had the injury. So, I’ll be out there.”
Johnson was hindered last week against the 49ers in the Texans loss on Sunday Night Football. He said his injury to his shin was causing him to drag his leg a little bit and he didn’t feel that in practice on Friday.
The Texans will need Johnson’s play making ability as quarterback Matt Schaub will be without TE Owen Daniels who is second the team in catches behind only Johnson.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- Clowney’s Father Shot And Arrested On Attempted Murder Chargers
- This Is SportsRadio 610 – “Sources”
- Rookie Spotlight: Todd Gurley Joins A Storied History Of St. Louis Rams Running Backs
- Shorts and Washington Look to Find Place on Depth Chart