TE Jake Byrne was signed last season to the Texans practice squad during the postseason run and this season played with the Texans during the preseason. In 4 games he caught 2 passes for 16 yards, he was then cut, and till now has spent the season on the San Diego Chargers practice squad. Per Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego the Texans have signed Byrne off the Chargers practice squad.
With Owen Daniels on IR and sidelined till week 14 the Texans only had 2 Tight Ends on the 53 man roster, Garrett Graham and Rookie Ryan Griffin on the roster with Nathan Overbay on the practice squad. Jake Byrne looks to have taken the open roster spot.
Tweet writer Josh Reese
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Harden, Paul Lead Rockets To Hard Fought Win, Even Series With Warriors
- Report: NFL Considering 15-Yard Penalties For Players Kneeling During Anthem
- NFL Approves New Rule Changes For Kickoffs
- Underrated NFL Rookies Who Will Make An Impact In 2018
- Cavaliers-Celtics: LeBron James, Terry Rozier And The Matchup Game