Owen Daniels Placed On IR With Designation To Return
HOUSTON – (CBS HOUSTON): Houston Texans have placed Tight End Owen Daniels on the Injured Reserve list with the designation to return, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
Daniels suffered a break in his fibula on Sunday Night in the Texans 34-3 loss to the San Francisco 49ers. The second leading receiver for the Texans had an MRI Monday and the Texans said he would miss 4-8 weeks while his break healed. The placement on the IR with designation to return means it will be a minimum of eight weeks until Daniels can return to the field for the Texans.
In the absence of the two-time Pro Bowler Garrett Graham will take over as the top tight end in the Texans offense. Rookie Ryan Griffin will move into Graham’s spot as the backup tight end.
The first game that Daniels would be eligible to play would be against the New England Patriots on December 1st.
Daniels was second on the team in catches with 24 and tied with Graham for the team lead in touchdowns with three.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- This Week In Baseball: Winners & Losers Of The MLB Trade Deadline
- Clowney’s Father Shot And Arrested On Attempted Murder Chargers
- This Is SportsRadio 610 – “Sources”
- Rookie Spotlight: Todd Gurley Joins A Storied History Of St. Louis Rams Running Backs
- Shorts and Washington Look to Find Place on Depth Chart