Goalies in hockey are a rare breed. But they have a unique talent to allow themselves to stand in front of vulcanized rubber screaming at them at upwards of 80 MPH. That being said, they probably aren’t playing forward for a reason either.
LA Kings goalie Jonathan Quick showed why on Monday night against the New York Rangers. As Quick came out to play a puck cleared out by Rangers defenseman Ryan McDonagh, it deflected off him and right into his own net.
The game was 2-1 in favor of New York at the time early in the third period. The goal gave the Rangers a 3-1 lead they held onto to win the game. Their first win of the season.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation