EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Starting running back David Wilson will miss the New York Giants’ game against the Chicago Bears on Thursday night because of a neck injury.
Coach Tom Coughlin said the second-year running back will be listed as week to week and the job of running the ball for the NFL’s worst rushing offense will fall to veteran Brandon Jacobs and Da’Rel Scott, who was re-signed Tuesday after being cut the previous week.
Jacobs has not started since the end of the Giants’ 2011 season. He signed with San Francisco in 2012 but played in only two games and was released after expressing displeasure with his role. He was re-signed by New York after Andre Brown broke his left leg in the preseason finale.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- D’Antoni: “It’s Nice When You Have Players That Want To Play Every Game”
- Harden Hopes Scott Pera Gets Rice Head Coach Job
- How Much Longer Until Something Happens With Tony Romo?
- Mad Noon Nuggets: My Most Hated NFL Player Of All-Time From Every Team, Fake WBC Pride And The Rockets Familiar Texas Championship Formula
- The Best Of MaD Radio 3-23