FANTASY IMPACT: Falcons Could Lose Jones For Season
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — The Atlanta Falcons could lose Julio Jones for the season after the Pro Bowl receiver injured his foot Monday in a 30-28 loss to the New York Jets.
Coach Mike Smith says Jones, the NFL leader with 41 catches, did not get encouraging results from a visit with doctors Tuesday morning.
Smith added that Jones will see a foot specialist Wednesday in Charlotte, N.C., for a second opinion. Jones ranks second with 580 yards receiving.
The Falcons (1-4) lost four-time Pro Bowl receiver Roddy White to a hamstring injury during the game. A high ankle sprain has nagged White, who has only 14 catches for 129 yards receiving.
Running back Steven Jackson has missed the last three games, all losses, with a hamstring injury.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal