FANTASY IMPACT: Falcons Could Lose Jones For Season
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — The Atlanta Falcons could lose Julio Jones for the season after the Pro Bowl receiver injured his foot Monday in a 30-28 loss to the New York Jets.
Coach Mike Smith says Jones, the NFL leader with 41 catches, did not get encouraging results from a visit with doctors Tuesday morning.
Smith added that Jones will see a foot specialist Wednesday in Charlotte, N.C., for a second opinion. Jones ranks second with 580 yards receiving.
The Falcons (1-4) lost four-time Pro Bowl receiver Roddy White to a hamstring injury during the game. A high ankle sprain has nagged White, who has only 14 catches for 129 yards receiving.
Running back Steven Jackson has missed the last three games, all losses, with a hamstring injury.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 4): With LeSean McCoy-Kiko Alonso Deal, Chip Kelly Bringing In Oregon Players Isn’t Bad For Eagles
- Andre Johnson Asks For Release From Texans
- Brad Davis: Dynamo New Primary Kit “Best We’ve Had” Despite Removal Of American Flag
- Dynamo Ready To Kick Off Season That Will See A Lot Of Changes
- Josh Smith Calls Hawks Fans ‘Bandwagoners’