INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Colts running back Ahmad Bradshaw will miss the rest of this season after opting for neck surgery.
A person with knowledge of Bradshaw’s medical options confirmed the decision Tuesday. The person requested anonymity because the Colts have not yet made the decision public.
Bradshaw was injured in Week 3 against San Francisco, but it’s unclear when he was injured. He took a big hit on the opening series, continued to play, then was hurt again later when he ran into a linemen. Team trainers appeared to check his left shoulder on the sideline, but Bradshaw returned again and finished the game 19 carries for 95 yards, both season highs, and one touchdown.
The former Giants star signed with Indy in June after being released in a salary cap move.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation