Houston (CBS Houston) – The Texans’ chances to defend their division title are dwindling quickly. The city’s confidence in Matt Schaub is falling even faster. And until today, Gary Kubiak has refused to waver in his confidence for Matt Schaub. When Kubiak spoke to reporters on Monday he said Matt Schaub ‘is our quarterback’ but added he’s evaluating everything, including the starting quarterback.
“I’m in an evaluation stage right now, today and tomorrow, trying to figure out what’s the best way for us to go be successful this weekend and every player is a part of that evaluation and our quarterback is too.” (sic) Kubiak told reporters Monday.
For the first time Kubiak seemed to leave the door open for a possible change but also noted it won’t come unless it has to.
“I can promise you there is accountability. If I think on our football team, that something needs to be done, I’ll do it. But I’m also very committed to players.” Kubiak said.
For those who are hoping T.J. Yates or Case Keenum starts this weekend, Kubiak said practice reps for Yates and Keenum will not change.
- SEC Football Report: A&M Outscores Arkansas, Florida Escapes
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: NFC North Rivalry Renewed Between Chicago And Green Bay on CBS
- The NFL Doesn’t Have A Rule That Players Must Stand During The National Anthem
- The Best Of Mad Radio 9-26
- Harden, Paul Partnership Off To A Good Start