PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chip Kelly says quarterback Michael Vick is day to day because of a hamstring injury and Nick Foles could win the starting job based on his performance.
Vick left Sunday’s 36-21 win at the New York Giants in the second quarter after injuring his left hamstring running out of bounds on a scramble. Foles came in and threw for 197 yards and two touchdowns in slightly over a half.
The Eagles (2-3) play at Tampa Bay (0-4) next Sunday. Though Vick has played well, Kelly wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Foles could remain the starter. Kelly says “if someone comes in and puts on an unbelievable performance, you take that into account.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Longtime Astros Join Together in Cooperstown To Honor Bagwell
- BIJANI: Bagwell’s Road To Cooperstown A Long Journey
- Watson Unfazed By Rave Reviews: “It’s Cool, But That’s Just Me”
- O’Brien: It’s Important That Texans Get In “Football Shape”
- If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck: DeShaun Watson already looking the part of starter