FANTASY IMPACT: Vick Day To Day, Foles Could Win QB Job For Eagles
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Chip Kelly says quarterback Michael Vick is day to day because of a hamstring injury and Nick Foles could win the starting job based on his performance.
Vick left Sunday’s 36-21 win at the New York Giants in the second quarter after injuring his left hamstring running out of bounds on a scramble. Foles came in and threw for 197 yards and two touchdowns in slightly over a half.
The Eagles (2-3) play at Tampa Bay (0-4) next Sunday. Though Vick has played well, Kelly wouldn’t rule out the possibility that Foles could remain the starter. Kelly says “if someone comes in and puts on an unbelievable performance, you take that into account.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Dynamo Prep To Face Premier League Power Man City
- Hammond: For Texans, HBO’s ‘Hard Knocks’ Is A Drain
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- The Astros Should Make A Big Splash At The Trade Deadline
- He can. He will: Show Doc First how much you appreciate him — and be runnin’ buddies with SportsRadio 610!