AFC SOUTH: Jaguars Claim WR Williams Off Waivers From Seattle
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars have been awarded receiver Stephen Williams off waivers from Seattle.
The team also waived first-year receiver Jeremy Ebert.
The 6-foot-5 Williams, who signed as an undrafted rookie with Arizona in 2010, saw action in 13 games with three starts in two seasons (2010-11) with the Cardinals. He totaled nine receptions for 101 yards.
Arizona waived him in August 2012 and he sat out that season. He was signed by Seattle in January and waived Oct. 5. He played in the first four games with Seattle in 2013 but did not catch a pass. He finished the preseason with an NFL-best 236 yards on seven receptions and had three touchdowns.
The Jaguars could be without receivers Mike Brown (back) and Stephen Burton (concussion) this week at Denver.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Mind Games Have Begun For Mayweather-Pacquiao Bout
- Trae Waynes: Texans Haven’t Contacted Me Yet, “But There’s Still Time For That”
- 30 Players: Iglesias Could Arrive Sooner Than Expected As Reds Starter
- WrestleMania: Dean Ambrose Doesn’t Think WWE Is Burying Him
- Morey: Terrence Jones “A Couple Days Away From Playing”