AFC SOUTH: Jaguars Claim WR Williams Off Waivers From Seattle
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — The Jacksonville Jaguars have been awarded receiver Stephen Williams off waivers from Seattle.
The team also waived first-year receiver Jeremy Ebert.
The 6-foot-5 Williams, who signed as an undrafted rookie with Arizona in 2010, saw action in 13 games with three starts in two seasons (2010-11) with the Cardinals. He totaled nine receptions for 101 yards.
Arizona waived him in August 2012 and he sat out that season. He was signed by Seattle in January and waived Oct. 5. He played in the first four games with Seattle in 2013 but did not catch a pass. He finished the preseason with an NFL-best 236 yards on seven receptions and had three touchdowns.
The Jaguars could be without receivers Mike Brown (back) and Stephen Burton (concussion) this week at Denver.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- PFT’s Mike Florio: Texans Among Possible Landing Spots For Adrian Peterson
- Fouts: Mallett Looked More Advanced For First Start
- Esiason On Mallett’s First NFL Start: “I Thought He Was Holding Back A Little Bit”
- Five Thirty Eight: Texans Win Over Bengals Would Boost Playoff Odds 50 Percent
- The Best Of The Worst Of ‘In the Loop’