Matt Schaub Disintegrates; Texans Lose 34-3
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – It took 1:23 for Matt Schaub to break an NFL record. Unfortunately for the Texans, it wasn’t the type of record you want your starting quarterback setting. Tramaine Brock intercepted Schaub’s pass and promptly returned it for a touchdown. Schaub is now the only quarterback in NFL history to throw four pick-sixes in four straight games.
Schaub would go on to throw two more interceptions before being benched in the Texans 34 to 3 loss to the 49ers. Through five games Matt Schaub has been intercepted nine times.
The Texans actually out-gained the 49ers but the turnovers and the emotionally crushing effects of those turnovers proved to be too much. T.J. Yates wasn’t much better in relief. He went 3-5 for 15 yards.
While the offense was never able to get in a rhythm, the Texans defense did all they could to keep them in the game. Collin Kaepernick was held to just 6-15 passing and 115 yards. Frank Gore was effective for most of the night but only totaled 81 yards.
Now the Texans will return to Houston with the spotlight, questions, and pressure more intense than ever.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision