Houston (CBS Houston) – It took 1:23 for Matt Schaub to break an NFL record. Unfortunately for the Texans, it wasn’t the type of record you want your starting quarterback setting. Tramaine Brock intercepted Schaub’s pass and promptly returned it for a touchdown. Schaub is now the only quarterback in NFL history to throw four pick-sixes in four straight games.
Schaub would go on to throw two more interceptions before being benched in the Texans 34 to 3 loss to the 49ers. Through five games Matt Schaub has been intercepted nine times.
The Texans actually out-gained the 49ers but the turnovers and the emotionally crushing effects of those turnovers proved to be too much. T.J. Yates wasn’t much better in relief. He went 3-5 for 15 yards.
While the offense was never able to get in a rhythm, the Texans defense did all they could to keep them in the game. Collin Kaepernick was held to just 6-15 passing and 115 yards. Frank Gore was effective for most of the night but only totaled 81 yards.
Now the Texans will return to Houston with the spotlight, questions, and pressure more intense than ever.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Astros 7th Inning Outburst Beats Mariners 7-1
- Chris Paul, Gerald Green Lead Rockets To 102-82 Win, 2-0 Series Lead
- Corey Chavous: Bradley Chubb Is The Top Prospect In The Draft In My Evaluation
- Jrue Holiday Is Why The Pelicans Lead The Trail Blazers
- Former Tennessee QB Quinten Dormady Announces He’s Transferring To Houston