Kubiak Says Schaub Still his Starting QB
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
San Francisco – (CBS Houston): Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak answered the big question shortly after the Texans lost 34-3 to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday Night. Matt Schaub is still Kubiak’s starting QB.
Matt Schaub threw his fourth interception that was returned for a touchdown in as many games to kick off the scoring Sunday. Schaub threw three interceptions on the night and was pulled in the fourth quarter for back-up Yates.
After the game Kubiak did talk about putting in Yates saying it felt like the right time. He also said that it is his responsibility to look at who would give the Texans the best chance to win and figure out what to do. Kubiak stood behind his starting QB.
“I believe in him as a person. I believe in him as a player,” Kubiak said.
Kubiak was quick to point out that the first real winning the Texans franchise experienced came with Schaub under center despite this game probably being “rock bottom” for the quarterback.
Schaub has thrown nine interceptions to eight touchdowns on the season and the Texans have lost three straight.
Yates threw five passes, completing three of them and threw zero interceptions.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Tennessee Titans At Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL