San Francisco – (CBS Houston): Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak answered the big question shortly after the Texans lost 34-3 to the San Francisco 49ers Sunday Night. Matt Schaub is still Kubiak’s starting QB.
Matt Schaub threw his fourth interception that was returned for a touchdown in as many games to kick off the scoring Sunday. Schaub threw three interceptions on the night and was pulled in the fourth quarter for back-up Yates.
After the game Kubiak did talk about putting in Yates saying it felt like the right time. He also said that it is his responsibility to look at who would give the Texans the best chance to win and figure out what to do. Kubiak stood behind his starting QB.
“I believe in him as a person. I believe in him as a player,” Kubiak said.
Kubiak was quick to point out that the first real winning the Texans franchise experienced came with Schaub under center despite this game probably being “rock bottom” for the quarterback.
Schaub has thrown nine interceptions to eight touchdowns on the season and the Texans have lost three straight.
Yates threw five passes, completing three of them and threw zero interceptions.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation