Houston (CBS Houston) – Brian Cushing has cleared the NFL’s concussion protocol and will play this weekend against the 49ers.
“Cush is fine, and actually Cush has cleared protocol. He’s ready to play.” (sic) Gary Kubiak said Friday.
Cushing sustained a concussion midway through the third quarter of the Texans Seahawks game. After being evaluated, Cushing watched the rest of the game from the tunnel.
“Obviously I’m excited to play, I don’t want to miss a game.” Cushing said.
This was the first concussion of his career. He was able to go through all five stages of the NFL’s concussion protocol in a short period of time because it was a ‘mild’ concussion.
“It was very very mild, it wasn’t too severe or anything. There wasn’t any after effects or residual pains.” Cushing said.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Move Up Again, Select Center Nick Martin With Pick No. 50
- Best Of The Triple Threat 4/29
- Texans Brass: Despite Loaded WR Class, Fuller Was “Our No. 1” Choice
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End