Brian Cushing Cleared To Play
Houston (CBS Houston) – Brian Cushing has cleared the NFL’s concussion protocol and will play this weekend against the 49ers.
“Cush is fine, and actually Cush has cleared protocol. He’s ready to play.” (sic) Gary Kubiak said Friday.
Cushing sustained a concussion midway through the third quarter of the Texans Seahawks game. After being evaluated, Cushing watched the rest of the game from the tunnel.
“Obviously I’m excited to play, I don’t want to miss a game.” Cushing said.
This was the first concussion of his career. He was able to go through all five stages of the NFL’s concussion protocol in a short period of time because it was a ‘mild’ concussion.
“It was very very mild, it wasn’t too severe or anything. There wasn’t any after effects or residual pains.” Cushing said.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- J.J. Watt Writes Excuse Note For Fan To Miss Work
- Bottom Line: Rockets Desire More Effort
- Mavs’ Chandler Not Suspended; Dwight: ‘I Want Him To Play’
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal