Rangers GM Says Team Not Satisfied With 91 Wins
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — General manager Jon Daniels says the Texas Rangers aren’t satisfied even though they’ve averaged more than 91 wins the past five seasons and are in the middle of a tremendous run.
For the second year in a row since consecutive World Series appearances, the Rangers were done after losing a must-win game. This time they lost in the 163th game of their season and didn’t make the playoffs for the first time in four years.
Daniels made it clear Thursday, however, that he feels as strong as he ever has about manager Ron Washington, who just completed his seventh season and has only one more year left on his contract.
Daniels says they will sit down soon to address things, and the GM’s preference is that Washington not be in that situation.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Mike Sielski Discusses Distractions In The NFL From Michael Vick To Michael Sam
- Joel Corry Explains Why JJ Watt Should Be The Highest Paid Defensive Player In The NFL
- Perfect Trade Partner Emerges For Texans And Andre Johnson
- Former Pro Bowler Larry Whigham In-Studio With The Triple Threat.
- Houston Dynamo Acquire DeMarcus Beasley