FANTASY IMPACT: Lions Say They Signed WR Ogletree And Cut DT Smith
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have formally announced the signing of wide receiver Kevin Ogletree.
The team also said Thursday that defensive tackle D’Anthony Smith has been released.
Ogletree will wear No. 11 for the Lions, if he is active, on Sunday against Green Bay, a team they haven’t beaten on the road since 1991. He adds depth at a position that is without No. 2 receiver Nate Burleson indefinitely because he broke his left arm last week in a car accident.
Ogletree was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Tuesday. He had eight receptions for 70 yards and a touchdown in four games with Tampa Bay this year. He set career highs in Dallas last season with 32 receptions, 436 yards receiving and four TDs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration