FANTASY IMPACT: Lions Say They Signed WR Ogletree And Cut DT Smith
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) — The Detroit Lions have formally announced the signing of wide receiver Kevin Ogletree.
The team also said Thursday that defensive tackle D’Anthony Smith has been released.
Ogletree will wear No. 11 for the Lions, if he is active, on Sunday against Green Bay, a team they haven’t beaten on the road since 1991. He adds depth at a position that is without No. 2 receiver Nate Burleson indefinitely because he broke his left arm last week in a car accident.
Ogletree was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Tuesday. He had eight receptions for 70 yards and a touchdown in four games with Tampa Bay this year. He set career highs in Dallas last season with 32 receptions, 436 yards receiving and four TDs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Former Rockets Great Chucky Brown Shares Stories From Rockets 1995 Title Run
- John Harris: If Texans Draft Gurley At No. 16, He And Arian Foster Could Be Lethal
- Former Miami WR Phillip Dorsett: Texans Have Called Me Within The Past Week
- CBS Local Sports: Paulie Malignaggi To Brown And Troupe: “Mayweather Probably Going To Dominate”
- 5 Biggest Storylines Of The 2015 NFL Draft