DeAndre Hopkins Named Offensive Rookie Of The Month
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– The NFL announced Friday that Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins was named the NFL Offensive Rookie of the month for September.
The Texans drafted Hopkins 27th overall in the 2013 NFL Draft and it seems like they made the right choice. The rookie receiver finished the month of September with 20 receptions for 270 yards and a touchdown.
Hopkins is the third offensive player for the Texans to earn Rookie of the Month honors. The other two were running backs Domanick Williams in 2003 and Steve Slaton in 2008.
The rookie receiver is also the sixth Texan to receive the honor. Linebacker Brian Cushing has won the honor twice in 2009 and DeMeco Ryans won it in 2006. Defensive Tackle Amobi Okoye won in 2007.
It looks as if the Texans might have found a legit option to line up on the other side of wide receiver Andre Johnson as Hopkins leads all rookies in receiving yards, total yards from scrimmage and tied for the most receptions.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Marc Malusis Says If Giants Make Same Mistakes As Last Game Will Lose To Texans
- Texans S D.J. Swearinger Expects To Play Sunday Against New York Giants
- J.J. Watt On Playing Goal Line Tight End For Texans: “It’s Not A Gimmick”
- 6 Types Of People In Your Fantasy Football League
- Watt: NFL Has Good Guys, Too