Houston (CBS Houston)- Former NFL head of officiating Mike Pereira thinks that there should be a “Blood Rule” after seeing Houston Texans J.J. Watt’s bloody nose this Sunday against the Seahawks.
“Should the NFL have a ‘Blood Rule?”
“I think they should,” Pereira asked. “In this day in age with infectious diseases, this makes sense.”
Watt needed six stitches to close his gashed nose.
To see the entire segment and thoughts of Pereira click here.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- The Best of The Triple Threat 03-24-2017
- Keidel: Kaepernick Will Play In NFL This Season
- 30 Players: Lewis Brinson May Force His Way Onto Brewers In 2017
- Best of In the Loop 3-24-17
- Mad Noon Nuggets: LaVar Ball Is A Calculator, Brock Osweiler Is A Used Car, DeAndre Hopkins Is A Lawnmower And Wright Is Wrong