Injury Report: Cushing Did Participate In Practice
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak gave an update on linebacker Brian Cushing’s status after suffering a concussion Sunday during the 23-20 loss to the Seahawks.
“Cushing did participate.”
Wednesday Texans coach was asked if Cushing was through the NFL concussion protocol Kubiak said, “No, not at all. He won’t get through that until Friday, but he’s headed in the right direction.”
Before leaving the field in the second half of the Seattle game, Cushing led the defense with nine tackles, six individual. His absence was felt as the Seahawks took advantage with their first touchdown of the game.
If Cushing is unable to play, it’s likely that eight-year veteran Tim Dobbins will takes his place.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Watt Named The AFC Defensive Player Of The Week
- CBS Sports Steve Beuerlein talks Vikings vs. Packers on Thursday Night Football
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Minnesota Vikings Vs. Green Bay Packers
- The Best Of ‘In The Loop’ Featuring @McClain_on_NFL
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants And Pirates Like It’s 1971 All Over Again?