Houston (CBS Houston)– Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak gave an update on linebacker Brian Cushing’s status after suffering a concussion Sunday during the 23-20 loss to the Seahawks.
“Cushing did participate.”
Wednesday Texans coach was asked if Cushing was through the NFL concussion protocol Kubiak said, “No, not at all. He won’t get through that until Friday, but he’s headed in the right direction.”
Before leaving the field in the second half of the Seattle game, Cushing led the defense with nine tackles, six individual. His absence was felt as the Seahawks took advantage with their first touchdown of the game.
If Cushing is unable to play, it’s likely that eight-year veteran Tim Dobbins will takes his place.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Mad Radio Exclusive: JJ Watt On The Development Of Clowney, The Versatility Of The Defense, Watson And More
- Fan Essentials: Here’s Conor McGregor’s Key To Beating Floyd Mayweather
- Houston One City Up To Host World Cup 2026 Games
- The Best Of Mad Radio 8-16
- Seth Payne’s Texans Patriots Joint Training Camp Observations