Watt: ‘This Isn’t Fun. I’m Sick Of It After One Loss’
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)– Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt was frustrated after the 23-20 loss to the Seattle Seahawks in overtime Sunday.
“Yes. I’m pissed off,” Watt said. “This sucks. Nobody likes to lose, especially like this in your own building. This isn’t fun. I’m sick of it after one loss.”
Watt recorded 8 tackles and a half-sack to increase his season total to 3.5. The defensive end said it was very frustrating that the Texans didn’t play a complete game.
“We were dominating (Seattle),” Watt said. “We dominated them the whole first half. In the second half we just didn’t finish the game. It is very, very frustrating, and like I said, we are going to get it corrected. Whatever we have to do, however long we have to stay, whatever kind of meetings we have to have, whatever kind of practice we have to do, we are going to get it fixed.”
During the game Watt received a gash on the bridge of his nose that required 6 stitches. The Texans head to San Francisco as they face the 49ers on Sunday, October 6th.
“We are going to show up tomorrow (Monday) and get every single thing we are doing wrong corrected,” Watt stated. “We have just got to finish. We didn’t finish the game. We will get it fixed. Everything that is wrong will be fixed, I can promise that.”
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Release Former 2nd Round Pick Brandon Harris
- Second Year For Eddie Lacy Could Push Packers To NFL’s Most Balanced Offense
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster
- O’Brien: 7th Round Rookie Hal “Has Definitely Earned Right To Be In Discussion To Make Team”
- O’Brien: Nix “Really Doesn’t Totally Get It Yet, Has Got A Long Way To Go”