Cushing Enters NFL’s Concussion Protocol
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – After being diagnosed with a concussion during the Texans 23-20 loss to the Seahawks, Brian Cushing has entered the NFL’s concussion protocol.
“He’s feeling much better today so he starts the protocol process. I couldn’t begin to tell you exactly where he is in that process. Today he was part of the meetings,” Gary Kubiak said on Monday.
The NFL concussion protocol contains five stages. It can technically be passed in a week but can take longer depending on how the player reacts to testing.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft