CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (AP) — The owner of a South Texas convenience store has been arrested for murder after shooting a man attempting to steal beer from his shop.
Rodney James Duve was being held Sunday in the Nueces County jail with bond set at $35,000. Corpus Christi police say a 39-year-old man came into his store Saturday evening and took a 12-pack of beer before attempting to flee.
The 52-year-old Duve was arrested at the store. The robbery suspect, who has not been identified, was taken to a hospital where he died.
A police spokeswoman did not immediately return a phone message seeking additional information.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
OUR LATEST STORIES:
- Houston Mayor Calls On Texas To Pay For Metal Detectors In Schools
- School Policeman ‘Hero’ Shot In Arm As He Confronted Santa Fe Gunman Dimitrios Pagourtzis
- Santa Fe 11th Grader On Alleged School Shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis: ‘He Was Actually A Pretty Nice Kid’
- Dimitrios Pagourtzis Identified As Sante Fe High School Shooter
- Texas School Shooting May Spur School Security Bill In Minnesota