Mariano Rivera Will Not Play In Houston
For the many people heading to Minute Maid Park this weekend to catch one last glimpse at Mariano Rivera will be disappointed if they were looking to see him actually play.
The future hall of famer will not see the field in the final game, he did not play in the first two of the three game series, against the Houston Astros.
The Yankees said that Rivera has been pitching with a sore forearm which is why he will not be pitching in this series.
“I think I squeezed every ounce of fuel that I have in my time,” Rivera said to reporters at Minute Maid Park. “It’s empty. It’s nothing. I have nothing left.”
With Rivera sitting out the last three games of the season it will mean his last appearance was at Yankee Stadium on Thursday.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Upon Further Review: Historic Weekend In College Football
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Texas Trooper Under Review After Stopping Dallas Cowboy Running Back, Taking Photo
- Texans Release Worthy to Make Room for New Defensive Lineman
- Former Texas A&M Wide Receiver Murders Random Person With Machete