Jackson, Joseph Out Again
Texans cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson missed practice for the second straight day. Joseph is dealing with a sore toe and Jackson has an illness. Head coach Gary Kubiak said he expects both to return to practice tomorrow.
“I expect them both to practice tomorrow,” said Kubiak. “I think [Kareem]’s doing much better today. He stood back there with me in practice and was very involved. I think he’s doing a lot better.”
Yesterday, Johnathan Joseph was asked why he’d missed practice.
“I’m just taking it easy,” said Joseph. “Coach has been doing this since training camp and I think it has been working for us and we want to continue to stay on this schedule. I just do what the coach tells me to do.”
Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips was a bit concerned with his banged up starting corners.
“You always worry about that,” said Phillips. “We’ve got other guys certainly that can play. We’ll look tomorrow and see if they practice.”
Phillips was optimistic the duo would be back at practice tomorrow. Phillips also said Joseph’s toe wasn’t an issue in Baltimore Sunday…a game where Ravens receiver Torrey Smith was able to beat him several times.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Upon Further Review: Historic Weekend In College Football
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Texas Trooper Under Review After Stopping Dallas Cowboy Running Back, Taking Photo
- Texans Release Worthy to Make Room for New Defensive Lineman
- Former Texas A&M Wide Receiver Murders Random Person With Machete