Jackson, Joseph Out Again
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Texans cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson missed practice for the second straight day. Joseph is dealing with a sore toe and Jackson has an illness. Head coach Gary Kubiak said he expects both to return to practice tomorrow.
“I expect them both to practice tomorrow,” said Kubiak. “I think [Kareem]‘s doing much better today. He stood back there with me in practice and was very involved. I think he’s doing a lot better.”
Yesterday, Johnathan Joseph was asked why he’d missed practice.
“I’m just taking it easy,” said Joseph. “Coach has been doing this since training camp and I think it has been working for us and we want to continue to stay on this schedule. I just do what the coach tells me to do.”
Defensive Coordinator Wade Phillips was a bit concerned with his banged up starting corners.
“You always worry about that,” said Phillips. “We’ve got other guys certainly that can play. We’ll look tomorrow and see if they practice.”
Phillips was optimistic the duo would be back at practice tomorrow. Phillips also said Joseph’s toe wasn’t an issue in Baltimore Sunday…a game where Ravens receiver Torrey Smith was able to beat him several times.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Cowboys Running Game Success: More DeMarco Murray Than Offensive Line
- O’Brien Won’t Be Saving Foster Sunday vs. Cowboys For Thursday vs. Colts
- Watt, Foster, Cushing, And Johnson Held Out Of Wednesday Practice
- What Does New Texans Safety Aubrey Think Aubrey Does Best? “Playmaker”
- 10 Best Dallas Cowboys Moments Since 2002