Gridiron Heroes Need Your Help
Road Trip for Heroes are 8,000 dollars short of their end of September goal of 100,000 dollars. Eddie and Chris Canales father and son team founded Gridiron Heroes, a nonprofit organization based in San Antonio that helps victims of spinal cord injuries while playing the game they love. This Road trip is being used to raise the money for 2 wheelchair accessible vans.
Three weeks ago in Dallas, the first wheelchair-accessible van was designated for the family of Chris Sartor, who suffered a spinal cord injury while a member of the Pine Tree High School (Longview, TX) football team in 2011. At the start of the press conference the foundation was 9,000 dollars away before Rice Owls Head Coach David Bailiff donated 1,000 dollars to the cause. The Gridiron Heroes will be at the Jersey Village vs. Cypress Falls game 7pm Friday at Pridgeon Stadium to hopefully collect the rest of the money and reach their goal.
Tweet me thoughts or question here
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Eric Winston: NFL Made Up Rules To Keep Ray Rice Off The Field
- Two Straight Super Bowl Trips For Former Rice Star Willson
- Danny White: Cowboys Need to be Fired Up
- Rod Woodson, Julius Thomas, Montell Williams, Greg Ellis and Kevin Harlan Join The Triple Threat
- Keidel: Perfect Confluence Of Timing, Talent, History For Mayweather