In a Captial One Cup match between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspurs in England Tuesday some kit (that is what they call the uniform in jolly old England) issues came up during an Aston Villa scoring opportunity.
Villa’s Nicklas Helenius broke into the ‘Spurs box with a decent opportunity on goal when the defender, Jan Vertonghen who was trialing the Danish international, tripped, fell and grabbed Helenius’s shorts. The grab pulled Helenius’s shorts down to his knees, but it didn’t stop the forward from releasing a shot. No foul was called and the shot sailed well over the cross bar. The game at the time was 1-0 in favor of Tottenham.
Tottenham won the match 4-0 (nill).
Belts are not the norm in soccer, but thankfully underwear is.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Underrated NFL Rookies Who Will Make An Impact In 2018
- Cavaliers-Celtics: LeBron James, Terry Rozier And The Matchup Game
- Martinez, Betts Powering Red Sox To Top Of A.L. East
- The Baseball Report: Cano Suspended 80 Games, Cardinals Reliever Hits 105 On Radar Gun
- This Week In Golf: Aaron Wise Wins First On Tour At AT&T Byron Nelson