WATCH: Soccer Player Pulls Down Opponents Pants To Stop Shot
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
In a Captial One Cup match between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspurs in England Tuesday some kit (that is what they call the uniform in jolly old England) issues came up during an Aston Villa scoring opportunity.
Villa’s Nicklas Helenius broke into the ‘Spurs box with a decent opportunity on goal when the defender, Jan Vertonghen who was trialing the Danish international, tripped, fell and grabbed Helenius’s shorts. The grab pulled Helenius’s shorts down to his knees, but it didn’t stop the forward from releasing a shot. No foul was called and the shot sailed well over the cross bar. The game at the time was 1-0 in favor of Tottenham.
Tottenham won the match 4-0 (nill).
Belts are not the norm in soccer, but thankfully underwear is.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Keidel: Dallas Cowboys… America’s Team Or Just A Dream?
- 2015 Paul “Bear” Bryant Coach of the Year Award Watch List Released
- Cushing Questionable For Texans Sunday Against Tennessee Titans
- Peyton Manning Is Particular, Andrew Hawkins Is Funny And Aaron Craft Is A Bear?
- Reed Listed As Questionable Sunday, Says He’s A Game Time Decision