WATCH: Soccer Player Pulls Down Opponents Pants To Stop Shot
In a Captial One Cup match between Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspurs in England Tuesday some kit (that is what they call the uniform in jolly old England) issues came up during an Aston Villa scoring opportunity.
Villa’s Nicklas Helenius broke into the ‘Spurs box with a decent opportunity on goal when the defender, Jan Vertonghen who was trialing the Danish international, tripped, fell and grabbed Helenius’s shorts. The grab pulled Helenius’s shorts down to his knees, but it didn’t stop the forward from releasing a shot. No foul was called and the shot sailed well over the cross bar. The game at the time was 1-0 in favor of Tottenham.
Tottenham won the match 4-0 (nill).
Belts are not the norm in soccer, but thankfully underwear is.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Admits Refs Were Wrong With No-Call
- Brian Geltzeiler Defends His Controversial Take On The James Harden No-Call vs. Grizzlies
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [6-10]
- Source: Texans Close To Adding Wide Receiver And O-Lineman
- 30 Players: Jonathan Schoop’s Development At Plate Key For Orioles