Astros Break Another Record: A 0.0 TV Rating
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)- The Houston Astros keep breaking records for the wrong reasons.
This past Sunday according to Nielson ratings, the Astros and Indians game drew a rating of 0.0 in the greater Houston area.
The Houston Chronicle explains that it doesn’t necessarily mean that there wasn’t one person who tuned in, it just means that not a single, solitary Nielsen household tuned in to watch the Astros.
“There are a couple of asterisks involved here, of course,” the Houston Chronicle explained. “For one thing, Nielsen persists with the statistically supportable but still head-shaking concept that it can measure what millions of television viewers are watching by monitoring the behavior of hundreds.”
So what was it?
- The Houston Texans were playing at the same time.
- The Houston Astros were handed their ninth consecutive loss and their 105th defeat of the year.
- The games are only seen on CSN Houston.
The Astros pulled a 0.04 rating during the weekend of Alabama vs. Texas A&M and the Texans first home game.
Whatever the reason might be you can’t say today that the Astros aren’t being talked-about nationally.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Meltsdown: Why Do People Have A Problem With Jeter’s Farewell?
- Playoff Pinch Hits: American League Wild-Card Tale Of Two Underdogs
- The Best of The Worst Of ‘In The Loop’
- College Football Spotlight: College Football’s Best Month Will Get Started With A Bang
- Jim Mudd Talks About Where They Found A Missing Lady