AFC SOUTH: Jaguars to start QB Blaine Gabbert against Colts
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Blaine Gabbert is back under center for the winless Jacksonville Jaguars.
Gabbert, who missed the last two games after slicing open the back of his throwing hand, will start Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
Coach Gus Bradley says “we feel good about him going into this week.”
Gabbert needed 15 stitches to close the wound, which he sustained when he got his hand caught on a defender’s facemask. He got the final stitches out before Sunday’s 45-17 loss at Seattle.
Gabbert completed 16 of 35 passes for 121 yards and two interceptions in the season opener against Kansas City. He was sacked six times in the 28-2 loss, the worst opener in franchise history.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration