JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Blaine Gabbert is back under center for the winless Jacksonville Jaguars.
Gabbert, who missed the last two games after slicing open the back of his throwing hand, will start Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.
Coach Gus Bradley says “we feel good about him going into this week.”
Gabbert needed 15 stitches to close the wound, which he sustained when he got his hand caught on a defender’s facemask. He got the final stitches out before Sunday’s 45-17 loss at Seattle.
Gabbert completed 16 of 35 passes for 121 yards and two interceptions in the season opener against Kansas City. He was sacked six times in the 28-2 loss, the worst opener in franchise history.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Texans Brass: Despite Loaded WR Class, Fuller Was “Our No. 1” Choice
- Texans Officially Welcome ‘Soft-Spoken’ 1st-Round Pick Will Fuller
- Houston Texans Expected To Target Offensive Line, Defensive Tackle Or Tight End
- Jon Weeks Excited To Work With New Special Teams Coach Larry Izzo
- Keidel: Like Dan Marino, Laremy Tunsil A Victim Of Embellished Fears