49ers Prepare To Move Forward Without Aldon Smith
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — The San Francisco 49ers placed linebacker Aldon Smith on the reserve non-football injury list Monday as he enters rehab for substance abuse and begins what team CEO Jed York has termed an indefinite absence.
San Francisco didn’t immediately announce a corresponding roster move.
Smith played Sunday and had five tackles just two days after he was arrested and jailed Friday morning on suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession. Smith apologized after the 27-7 home loss to the Colts, and now his team moves forward without him heading to St. Louis on Thursday.
Smith had previously been arrested on suspicion of DUI in January 2012 in Miami shortly after the 49ers lost in the NFC championship game.
He is expected to remain in the Bay Area for treatment.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Report: Earl Mitchell Has Moved On From The Texans; Doesn’t Expect To Be Back
- Dr. Wayne Winston Talks NFL Analytics
- Less Than 24 Hours From Free Agency, Garrett Graham Still Negotiating With The Texans
- Owen Daniels Aware He Could Be A ‘Cap Casualty’ But Wants To Remain A Texan
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Starting Pitcher