Texans Unable To Overcome Mistakes; Lose 30-9
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston) – The little things proved to be the difference for the Texans in their 30-9 loss to the Ravens. They put together an impressive 16 play 69 yard opening drive but it sputtered out at the Ravens nine yard line, resulting in a field goal. That was the closest the they would get to the endzone for the rest of the day.
The Texans were nursing a 6-3 lead with more than two minutes left in the second quarter but Daryl Smith picked off Matt Schaub and took it to the house. It was Schaub’s second pick six in two games. But the Ravens weren’t ready to head to the locker room quite yet. Tandon Doss took Shane Lechler’s punt 82 yards for a touchdown. Randy Bullock did answer with a field goal but the damage was done. The Ravens entered halftime with a 17-9 lead.
Hampered by penalties, the Texans were unable to score in the second half. They were flagged 14 times for 113 yards. Neither team had more than 300 yards of offense but penalties, a pick six, and a special teams touchdown proved to be plenty to help the Ravens best the Texans 30-9.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Playoff Pinch Hits: James Shields-Wil Myers Trade A Success For Royals
- 5 Devastating Week 7 Losses
- 6 Reasons Why Alabama’s Kenyan Drake Was The Real Star Of The Texas A&M Blowout
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Royals And Giants An Unlikely World Series Pairing
- 5 NFL Teams Already Vying For First Pick In The 2015 NFL Draft