BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Cleveland running back Willis McGahee will play Sunday when the Browns meet the Vikings.
Coach Rob Chudzinski confirmed that McGahee, signed this week, will be on the field, though his role is still undefined.
McGahee, who played for Denver last year and is likely to take the carries left behind by Trent Richardson, said his agent first contacted him on Monday about playing for the Browns. He figured he would play alongside Richardson, who was traded to Indianapolis Wednesday.
Either way, Chudzinski has “100 percent faith in him” and knows that, “nothing is holding him back.”
McGahee, 31, has had a durable nine-year career. He’s rushed for 8,097 career yards, including four 1,000-yard seasons. He has played for Buffalo, Baltimore and the Broncos.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- NBA Coaching Candidates: Perfect Hires For Every Opening
- Orioles Trading Manny Machado At Deadline Seeming More Likely
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NBA And NHL Playoffs Roll On
- Morton Dominance, Altuve’s Bat Carry Astros To 9-2 Win Over Mariners
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation