FANTASY IMPACT: RB McGahee To Play For Browns Sunday In Minnesota
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — Cleveland running back Willis McGahee will play Sunday when the Browns meet the Vikings.
Coach Rob Chudzinski confirmed that McGahee, signed this week, will be on the field, though his role is still undefined.
McGahee, who played for Denver last year and is likely to take the carries left behind by Trent Richardson, said his agent first contacted him on Monday about playing for the Browns. He figured he would play alongside Richardson, who was traded to Indianapolis Wednesday.
Either way, Chudzinski has “100 percent faith in him” and knows that, “nothing is holding him back.”
McGahee, 31, has had a durable nine-year career. He’s rushed for 8,097 career yards, including four 1,000-yard seasons. He has played for Buffalo, Baltimore and the Broncos.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Heated Conversations With Booker T Sat. Jan 24th
- Bill Belichick Addresses Deflate-Gate: We As An Organization Have Followed The Rules
- James Harden Hits Game Winning Shot To Lift Rockets Over Suns
- What’s Poppin’?: Pop Culture With Paul, Brien And Producer Lara
- Astros Sign Marwin Gonzalez, Avoid Arbitration