Sproles: Bucs’ Goldson Was Trying To Hurt Him
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Darren Sproles says Tampa Bay’s Dashon Goldson delivered a dirty hit when the defensive back was penalized for a blow to the Saints’ running back’s head.
Sproles has watched replays of the hit and says Goldson has a history of delivering “dirty” hits, adding, “He tried to hurt me on the play, but he didn’t.”
Goldson was fined $100,000 for the personal foul, which was called on an incomplete pass over the middle.
Goldson also was initially suspended for a game, then reinstated on appeal. He has said he’s an aggressive player, but never intends to hurt anybody.
As for Goldson’s suspension being lifted, Sproles says he tries not to worry about things that are out of his control.
The Saints play Arizona on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Upon Further Review: Historic Weekend In College Football
- CBS Sports’ Solomon Wilcots: Saints’ Offensive Line Is Deteriorating In Front Of Brees
- Texas Trooper Under Review After Stopping Dallas Cowboy Running Back, Taking Photo
- Texans Release Worthy to Make Room for New Defensive Lineman
- Former Texas A&M Wide Receiver Murders Random Person With Machete