Sproles: Bucs’ Goldson Was Trying To Hurt Him
METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Darren Sproles says Tampa Bay’s Dashon Goldson delivered a dirty hit when the defensive back was penalized for a blow to the Saints’ running back’s head.
Sproles has watched replays of the hit and says Goldson has a history of delivering “dirty” hits, adding, “He tried to hurt me on the play, but he didn’t.”
Goldson was fined $100,000 for the personal foul, which was called on an incomplete pass over the middle.
Goldson also was initially suspended for a game, then reinstated on appeal. He has said he’s an aggressive player, but never intends to hurt anybody.
As for Goldson’s suspension being lifted, Sproles says he tries not to worry about things that are out of his control.
The Saints play Arizona on Sunday.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Dreessen: In The NFL, Loyalty Isn’t A Two Way Street
- 30 Players: Souza Has Tools To Impress For Tampa Bay Rays
- Breaking Down College Basketball’s Top 25 Teams [1-5]
- Matt Hammond Podcast (Mar. 3): Is Andre Johnson Fibbing About Talks With Texans?
- Rosenfels: Andre Johnson The Best Receiver I Ever Played With