Arian Foster Approaching ‘Football Mode’
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster missed the entire preseason with a few different injuries including a back issue. His first carries came in week one against the San Diego Chargers, a 31-28 victory for the Texans. Foster had 18 carries in that win and followed up opening week with 19 carries in week two.
While no one expected Foster to be in full form early on, Foster feels he’s getting back towards the place he wants to be.
“I knew it was going to take a little while to get back in the groove,” Foster said after Texans practice Thursday. “I feel like I’m starting to take steps in the right direction.”
“It’s just getting in football mode. It’s hard to explain. You just have to get the feel for the game back and you can only do that by playing.”
Foster and running mate Ben Tate combined for 172 yards in the victory over the Titans.
Arian has gained 136 yards on the season scoring one touchdown.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Meltsdown: Why Is Chris Mullin Some Lock To Win At St. John’s?
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine