GAME PREP: Andre Johnson Expected To Play Sunday
Houston (CBS Houston) - Texans head coach Gary Kubiak expects wide receiver Andre Johnson to play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.
“Andre was full go, took everything he’d normally do on Thursday,” said Kubiak. “All indications are he’s on to the weekend, so we’re good.”
Johnson suffered a concussion in the fourth quarter against the Titans Sunday. He still must be cleared through the NFL’s concussion protocol, but Gary Kubiak expects that to happen very soon.
“Today’s the last hurdle I guess,” continued Kubiak. “You see the NFL’s doctor one more time, and you’re passed. Hopefully that happens in the next 24 hours.”
>>> Safety Ed Reed got a full work load at practice today. Kubiak said he’s moving in the right direction, but they need to see how his body responds tomorrow.
>>> Tackle Duane Brown did not practice today after spraining his toe against the Titans Sunday. Gary Kubiak called him a game time decision, stressing that Brown can play even if he misses practice all week.
>>> Tight End Garrett Graham suffered a hip pointer a few weeks ago, and was held out of today’s practice due to soreness yesterday.
>>> Tight End Owen Daniels and cornerback Johnathan Joseph were back on the practice field today.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Rockets Fall To Raptors 99-96
- Hartford Courant’s Jenny Wilson: Shayanna Jenkins Testimony A Mixed Bag For Both Prosecution And Defense
- USA Today College Basketball Writer Nicole Auerbach: It Would Take A Lot For UT To Land Smart
- Former Miami RB Duke Johnson: Texans Spoke To Me At NFL Combine
- Reports: Rick Barnes Offered Tennessee Job