Houston (CBS Houston) – Texans head coach Gary Kubiak expects wide receiver Andre Johnson to play Sunday against the Baltimore Ravens.
“Andre was full go, took everything he’d normally do on Thursday,” said Kubiak. “All indications are he’s on to the weekend, so we’re good.”
Johnson suffered a concussion in the fourth quarter against the Titans Sunday. He still must be cleared through the NFL’s concussion protocol, but Gary Kubiak expects that to happen very soon.
“Today’s the last hurdle I guess,” continued Kubiak. “You see the NFL’s doctor one more time, and you’re passed. Hopefully that happens in the next 24 hours.”
>>> Safety Ed Reed got a full work load at practice today. Kubiak said he’s moving in the right direction, but they need to see how his body responds tomorrow.
>>> Tackle Duane Brown did not practice today after spraining his toe against the Titans Sunday. Gary Kubiak called him a game time decision, stressing that Brown can play even if he misses practice all week.
>>> Tight End Garrett Graham suffered a hip pointer a few weeks ago, and was held out of today’s practice due to soreness yesterday.
>>> Tight End Owen Daniels and cornerback Johnathan Joseph were back on the practice field today.
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- 3T – Bill Hancock Executive Director CFB Playoff
- Temple Fans Curse At Teenager Matt Rhule Not Football Coach Matt Rhule On Twitter
- Baylor Hires Matt Rhule As Next Head Coach
- Hammond: Texans Wrong To Make Charles James Fall Guy For Loss
- Donatas Motiejunas Fails To Show Up For Physical After Rockets Contract Offer