Kubiak: Duane Brown Is In A Boot With A Toe Injury
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
Houston (CBS Houston)- Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said Wednesday that left tackle Duane Brown did not practice due to a toe injury and will be an end of the week call.
“Duane did not practice, actually we didn’t even take him over to the field (practice) today,” Kubiak said. “He has a sprained toe, it’s probably going to be an end of the week decision.”
Kubiak said that Brown battled through the game with the left toe injury “for his team” and that right now he’s better in the training room than standing around.
The All-Pro left tackle was in a walking boot and Tuesday on CSN Houston’s SportsTalk Live he talked about the play that had him sidelined for a few plays Sunday has never against the Titans.
“Had a bit of a scare,” Brown said. “Had someone fall on me. Injured my right big toe. It’s a pretty bad case of turf toe. Just taking it one day at at time, see how it heals by the end of the week.”
Brown has played six seasons and has never missed a game due to injury.
The Texans take on the Ravens this Sunday, September 22.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- O’Brien Yet To Name Backup, But Thinks All Three Texans QBs Will Make Roster
- O’Brien: 7th Round Rookie Hal “Has Definitely Earned Right To Be In Discussion To Make Team”
- O’Brien: Nix “Really Doesn’t Totally Get It Yet, Has Got A Long Way To Go”
- Comedian Craig Gass On The Triple Threat
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 23 Starts And Sits