Kubiak: Andre Johnson Expected Back Thursday
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON)- After practice Wednesday, Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak gave an update on the concussed wide receiver Andre Johnson.
“Andre’s fine, he’s doing really good,” said Kubiak. “The expectations are for him to practice with his pads on tomorrow and that’s the last stage before you can play in a game.”
Kubiak confirmed on Monday that Johnson had suffered a concussion late in the Texans 30-24 overtime win against the Tennessee Titans last Sunday.
Johnson’s update is just hours after the NFL handed down a fine of $42,000 to Titans safety Bernard Pollard for his hit on Johnson.
The NFL confirmed that the fine is for “hitting a defenseless receiver in the head or neck area with his shoulder.”
“If today’s and indicator then he should be there tomorrow,” reassured Kubiak.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Astros Trade Gregorio Petit To Yankees
- Lisa Ann Discusses Her Retirement From The Adult Film Industry, Teases New Movie To Be Released On Her Birthday
- Dwight Howard Out Wednesday, Playing Thursday
- Capela On Breakout Game: ‘I Was A Little Bit In Shock’
- Gene Egdorf, Attorney For Former Texans P Brett Hartmann: Wish I Could Have Deposed McNair, O’Brien In Stadium Surface Suit