Kubiak: Andre Johnson Expected Back Thursday
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON)- After practice Wednesday, Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak gave an update on the concussed wide receiver Andre Johnson.
“Andre’s fine, he’s doing really good,” said Kubiak. “The expectations are for him to practice with his pads on tomorrow and that’s the last stage before you can play in a game.”
Kubiak confirmed on Monday that Johnson had suffered a concussion late in the Texans 30-24 overtime win against the Tennessee Titans last Sunday.
Johnson’s update is just hours after the NFL handed down a fine of $42,000 to Titans safety Bernard Pollard for his hit on Johnson.
The NFL confirmed that the fine is for “hitting a defenseless receiver in the head or neck area with his shoulder.”
“If today’s and indicator then he should be there tomorrow,” reassured Kubiak.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- O’Brien: “Winning Cures Everything”
- Fitzpatrick, On Calls For QB Change: “It Doesn’t Really Affect Me To Be Honest”
- Judge in Peterson Case Stays, Peterson Headed for Trial
- No, Fitzpatrick’s Familiarity With Titans Doesn’t Give Texans An Edge
- O’Brien: Come Sunday, Texans Will Be Ready For Titans QB, Whoever He Is