Kubiak: Andre Johnson Expected Back Thursday
From Our CBS Music Sites
Sports Fan Insider
HOUSTON (CBS HOUSTON)- After practice Wednesday, Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak gave an update on the concussed wide receiver Andre Johnson.
“Andre’s fine, he’s doing really good,” said Kubiak. “The expectations are for him to practice with his pads on tomorrow and that’s the last stage before you can play in a game.”
Kubiak confirmed on Monday that Johnson had suffered a concussion late in the Texans 30-24 overtime win against the Tennessee Titans last Sunday.
Johnson’s update is just hours after the NFL handed down a fine of $42,000 to Titans safety Bernard Pollard for his hit on Johnson.
The NFL confirmed that the fine is for “hitting a defenseless receiver in the head or neck area with his shoulder.”
“If today’s and indicator then he should be there tomorrow,” reassured Kubiak.
Follow Julie Takahashi on Twitter: @Julie_Takahashi
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- Spencer Tillman Thinks Jimbo Fisher Has Been Holding Back
- CBS Sports’ Steve Beuerlein Talks Titans Vs. Jaguars On Thursday Night Football
- Watt On Getting Signed Jersey From 7 Year Old Fan: “Surely He Has Confidence”
- Keenum Happy To Be Home, And To Get Second Chance With O’Brien’s Texans
- Pauly G’s Power Rankings: House Of Cards