Houston (CBS Houston) – The Texans hit the practice field Wednesday before addressing the media. Here’s the latest news and notes from Reliant.
>>>Duane Brown did not practice due to a toe-injury. He hasn’t been ruled out for Sunday but if he can’t play, Ryan Harris will start in his place.
“Duane did not practice, actually we didn’t even take him over to the field (practice) today,” Kubiak said. “He has a sprained toe, it’s probably going to be an end of the week decision.”
>>>Andre Johnson is recovering quickly from his concussion. He could be cleared to play as soon as tomorrow.
“The expectations are for him to practice with his pads on tomorrow and that’s the last stage before you can play in a game.” Kubiak said.
>>>Kareem Jackson was fined $42,000 for his hit on Kendall Wright.
“It’s outrageous,” said Jackson, Wednesday afternoon. “I’ll never understand a $42,000 fine for a hit. The guy got up, he was ok, so I’ll never understand that regardless of the situation or hit.”
“I just let my play do the talking.” Watt said after practice, “I put my helmet on just like everybody else but it’s what I do once the helmet is on that matters.”
Facebook: Will Grubb
LATEST SPORTS STORIES:
- This Week in College Basketball: Duke’s Bagley Plays Role Of Doctor, Pops Own Shoulder Back In
- Case Keenum Is Now Immortal
- Jim Spanarkel: Carter Is The Catalyst For West Virginia
- Championship Picks: Who’s Moving On To Super Bowl LII?
- Locker Room Five Things Jan. 18 2018: What I learned from Gaine, Ariza’s Light Suspension And Criminal Sketch Skepticism